Solid feed dispenser adaptable to all types of aquariums
Developed by the Sorbonne University and Planktovia, the FISHGUN D2 is a semi-automatic dispenser of solid feed (powder, granules, etc.). This laboratory equipment has been designed to facilitate the feeding of aquatic models (e.g. zebrafish) by zootechnicians in aquatic pet shop, or hatching nurseries. It complements the FISHGUN L2 which was created for the distribution of live feed (Rotifers, Artemis, etc…).
We put our know-how to good use in order to constantly improve the products we commercialize. Our Fishgun thus know their second version, more design, more accurate and above all, adaptable to all types of aquariums known on the market.
The Fishgun D2 is composed of :
- An ergonomic handle for an easy and effortless use;
- A digital display for a better control of the operations;
- A technological system to deliver solid feed through vibrations;
- Interchangeable 75 ml conical tubes for different types and sizes of dry feed from 75 µm to 600 µm;
- An induction charger for greater safety and robustness;
- An RFID scanner identifying the aquariums to know the number of fish present, and thus deliver the right amount of feed according to the number of fish in each tank;
- A notching system on the conical tubes allowing the device to adapt to the main brands of aquariums on the market (Aquaneering, Techniplast, Pentair).
Feeding your fish is simplified. With the FISHGUN D2 in your hands, you will be able to :
- Improve the accuracy and reproducibility at which you feed your fish (coefficient of variation less than 20% for grain sizes of 75 µm and 150 µm, less than 10% for grain sizes of 300 µm, and less than 5% for grain sizes of 500 µm and more);
- Save operating time and reduce labour costs;
- Reduce the musculoskeletal disorders of zootechnicians caused by long-term use of a fully manual system;
- To have a versatile solution to feed your fish (ex: zebrafish) throughout their life cycle.